Note: this poem is not from any personal experience... it was from a dream I had.. see what happens when you listen to a sad country song, read a book about struggles, while on cold meds.. you get a Sad Poem.
"I'd Rather" poem by: Kalein Sua
I'd rather lose you as a fallen soldier at war
Than hear the words "I don't love you anymore
"I'd rather lose you to a battle with cancer
Than hear your confession "I was unfaithful to you"
Each statement repeated turns my insides to stone
Each syllable is like a knife wound to my soul.
I've heard people say "it's better to have loved, than not be loved at all"
However each time I see you, I can't help but think
I'd rather live without your love
Than see coldness in your eyes when you look at me
I'd rather live a lie
Than feel this soul wrenching ache everytime I cryI've come to say my final goodbye with my head held high.
You look into my eyes and realize you can't say goodbye and ask me to give it one more try.
I turn and say
I'd rather we part now, so my soul can heal
I'd rather we part now, so my heart can mend
I'd rather we part now, than repeat this pain again
No comments:
Post a Comment